Your Healthy Smile Timeline: Ages 40-60Grandview Dental | October 15, 2013
IT’S TIME TO TALK ABOUT 40–60 YEAR OLD SMILES in our Healthy Smile Timeline Series! And again, don’t forget that if YOU don’t fall into this category share this post with someone who does—a family member, coworker, parent or friend. Great oral health is important for everyone.
Must-Do’s, Ages 40–60:
- It’s estimated that up to 75% of adults over age 35 have some degree of gum disease. This can usually be prevented with flossing and brushing, but if the gum disease has already progressed you may need extra dental care from our team. Talk to us if you’re experiencing bleeding gums.
- Some research shows that bad oral health may be linked to systemic problems like heart disease, dementia, diabetes, and stroke. Keep your whole body healthy by keeping your mouth healthy.
Should-Do’s, Ages 40–60:
- Restorative treatments (such as crowns and dental fillings) are more convenient, comfortable and affordable than ever before. Do you have old, badly worn dental work? It may be time to replace those old fillings or crowns before they crack and cause discomfort.
Could-Do’s, Ages 40–60:
- Studies show that people look younger when they smile. And the AACD (American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry) recently reported that most Americans 50 and over believe that a smile overcomes the effects of aging more effectively than any other physical attribute.
- Nothing makes you feel younger than a healthy, vibrant smile. Talk to us about cosmetic dentistry options.
Take Care Of Your Smile And It Will Take Care Of You!
You’re in the prime of life. Stay the course, stick to your great oral health habits, and don’t neglect your regular check-ups at the dentist. Through preventative care you really can keep your healthy smile for life. Take good care of your smile now to prevent problems down the road.
If you have any questions about tips mentioned in this post, don’t hesitate to ask us about it. You can call us at 614-486-7378.
As always, thanks for your continued trust in our practice! We appreciate having you as our valued patient.
Grandview Dental Care has been helpling people in Columbus, Ohio take care of their smiles since 1978. We provided all your dental care needs in our Columbus Dental office.