Tips for a winning smile for your upcoming job interviewBecky | February 8, 2012
Are you looking for a job in Columbus, Ohio? With today’s employment challenges it is important that you give yourself every possible advantage at your job interview. Like it or not, in the business world appearances count. Studies show that most people spend about 30 seconds before they begin to form a list of first impressions about you. These impressions might include your education level, your career competence, your level of success, your personality, your trustworthiness, your sense of humor all might be determined by a first impression.
Are you happy with your smile and the first impression that it gives to people?
An improvement in your smile doesn’t have to be time consuming or expensive. In many instances minor changes in color, shape, or position in teeth can create a dramatic impact on your smile. Let us help you create or maintain a smile that helps you feel confident and successful.
- Stand in front of a mirror, smile, and honestly evaluate your teeth, gums, breath and smile. Are you satisfied or is there an obvious problem?
- If it’s been a while since you have been to the dentist, make an appointment to have your teeth cleaned and thoroughly examined. Yellowish tartar build up is not healthy or attractive.
- At your cleaning appointment ask them to evaluate the color of your teeth using a shade guide. Brighter, whiter teeth is an easy affordable option that can instantly improve the majority of smiles. Ask the dentist for the different teeth whitening options and the benefits of each.
- Some simple tooth problems can quickly and painlessly be addressed with a short dental appointment for contouring or cosmetic tooth bonding.
- On the day of your interview brush and floss your teeth meticulously and avoid eating odorous foods like onions and garlic.
- Check your teeth in mirror before you arrive at the interview and use a non alcoholic mouth wash to keep your breath fresh.
- If you have missing teeth, or cracked, chip, or broken teeth and you would like to get evaluated and understand what the options are for your smile, make an appointment at our Columbus dental office for a Smile Evaluation.
- You smile says a lot about you even before you begin to speak. What is your smile saying about you? Take the Colgate Smile Style Quiz.