Halloween Candy AlternativesGrandviewDental | October 17, 2008
As we approach beggars night I thought I would do a little “googling” to find some alternatives to Halloween Candy. Below is a listing of ideas I compiled along with a few places to find the alternatives.
I also found a Halloween survey where 1200 boys and girls where asked about their Halloween haul. It has some interesting and amusing commentary. Typically all kids love to dress up and go from house to house but very few kids end up eating all the candy the receive either by their own choice are parental limits.
Here is the list of Halloween Candy Alternatives I’ve compiled. Please feel free to share your own ideas by clicking on the comment button above.
- Mini Play doh
- Super balls
- pencils, erasers, pencil toppers
- Mini boxes of crayons
- Small novelty toys (find this at Star Beacon on Goodale, or www.orientaltrading.com, I’ve even seen them at Target and Walmart)
- Halloween or Fall Craft kits (JoAnn Fabrics, Michael’s, www.orientaltrading.com, etc)
- Jibbitz for Crocs or similar shoes(www.orientaltrading.com and search on fun buttons for a more economical version)
- pennies, nickles, dimes
- Tiny decks of cards
- Plastic Medals
- Small plastic action figures or animals
- Play money
- Cheese and Cracker packs
- Miniature Raisin Packets
- Single serving nut packets(Sam’s Club or Gordon Foods)
- Comic Books
- Coloring Books
You can stock up on crayons, pencils, fun erasers, etc during back to school sales which might not do much good for this year but is something you can keep in mind next year.
Have a Safe and Fun Halloween!