Dr. Abraham Hoellrich is originally from Versailles, OH. (GO TIGERS!) He attended Bowling Green State University and graduated from The Ohio State University College of Dentistry in 2002. After dental school, Dr. Hoellrich served for three years in the U.S. Navy. During his time in the Navy, he completed a one year Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency and also a 6-month overseas deployment aboard the U.S.S. John F Kennedy.
Upon completion of his military service, Dr. Hoellrich decided that Columbus was the place he wanted to be. He worked in several area practices while looking for the practice that would be the right “fit” to be his permanent dental home. He joined Grandview Dental Care in 2009 as an associate dentist. In 2011 he and Dr. Thompson became partners and co-owners of the practice.
Dr. Hoellrich lives in Harrison West with his wife Melissa, their four (yes, 4!) cats, and Max the dog! When he isn’t helping his patients achieve optimal dental health he can usually be found trying out a new restaurant, strolling around downtown, or chasing a little white ball around the golf course.
Dr. Hoellrich also spends much of his time learning about the newest techniques and advancements in dentistry. He is trained in IV Sedation, having completed a 9-month course in IV Sedation training which included over 100 classroom hours of lecture and hands-on training. He attends many continuing education courses each year and spends much time learning, discussing, and even arguing about dentistry on a popular internet message board for dentists (dentaltown.com). He is very passionate about the continuing use of technology to improve the comfort and quality of dentistry.
Fun Facts About Dr. Hoellrich
We asked Dr. Hoellrich a few fun questions so that you can get to know him before your visit!
- What is your favorite restaurant in Grandview? Third and Hollywood!
- What is your favorite activity in Columbus? Golf, and Ohio State Football/Basketball.
- What is your favorite thing about dentistry? Dentistry is a mixture of art and science.
- How did you come to work at Grandview Dental Care? In an Acura RDX.
- Where do you hope to travel to one day and why? I want to go to England to see all the stuff they took from their years as an empire.
- What is the one gadget or piece of technology you can’t live without, and why? My iPhone.
- What’s the best part about working at Grandview Dental Care? My amazing staff, and hearing great stories about the lives of my patients.
- Why did you decide on a career in dentistry? My two front teeth got knocked out when I was 8. I spent so much time at the dentist, so I thought why not be a dentist.
- What question do you hear the most from patients? What can we do to make my smile better?
- What is something that makes you smile? Cookies.
- Do you have any pets? We have a dog (Max) and four cats: Augustus, Hamilton, Una and Clementine. One was a rescue from the Cat Welfare Association and the other three found us!