While we have always operated with the most stringent infection control procedures, our goal is to exceed the current recommendations from the CDC, the ADA, and the State Dental Board. We have been fortunate to have been in communication with professionals around the country, as well as the State Dental Board, throughout this process to develop guidance on safe practices within the dental office.
How Your Appointment May Be Different:
● When scheduling your appointment, you will be asked to make payment over the phone in order to reduce in-person interaction within the office.
● Upon arrival, you will see signs to text your last name to (614) 344-1195 or call (614) 486-7378 from your car to let us know that you have arrived. Once we have verified that a room is ready for you, we will text or call you back to enter the building.
● A team member will meet you at the front door. Our team will have hand sanitizer for you, ask a few COVID screening questions, and take a touchless temperature. We ask that you please reschedule if you are not feeling well, have a fever, been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, or traveled out of the country within the last month.
● We are requesting patients to arrive alone to their appointments. Unless the patient is a child, we please ask that children be left at home.
● Patients will be asked to rinse with an antiseptic rinse prior to treatment.
What We Are Doing To Protect You:
● We are limiting the number of patients we are seeing during the day to help maintain social distancing.
● HEPA filtration systems are being installed in each operatory.
● Our already thorough sanitizing efforts are being increased throughout the day.
● All staff members will be wearing masks during your visit.
We are looking forward to seeing our patients again! These measures are out of an abundance of caution. We are confident in our ability to take care of your oral health in a safe environment. Please feel free to contact us at (614) 486-7378 or at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.