What is the easiest, fastest, least expensive way to improve your smile?GrandviewDental | July 30, 2008
Whitening. As we get older our teeth become discolored from the foods we eat and drink, things we smoke and from years of being on display. Look at your teeth in the mirror. Are they yellow, grey, just plain dingy? Whitening your teeth can make a huge difference in your smile and your overall appearance.
There are a lot of choices for whitening your teeth both at the dentist office and over the counter. Which whitening product works the best? There is also a lot of debate about that.
To keep it simple, your teeth get whitened based on the strength and type of solution used and by making sure it stays on your teeth.
Whitening toothpaste, mouthwash, gum, etc does not stay in contact with the teeth very long and doesn’t work. Some people have a lot of success with the whitening strips staying on their teeth, so they can work for some people.
But keep the cost in mind with the over the counter whitening products. The costs can add up because to get your teeth to the desired shade of white, you have to use a lot. This is due to the strength of whitening solution in the whitening strips isn’t as high as what you can get at your dentist office, so you must use more applications.
Getting your teeth whitening at the dentist office offers several things that over the counter products can’t.
- We have whitened hundreds of patients teeth and know from experience which products work and which don’t.
- We can show you on a shade guide what color your teeth were when you started, and what color we anticipate them becoming.
- We have a relationship with our patient and we want them to be happy. Not many people have that kind of relationship with Crest.
- If you suffer from tooth sensitivity because of whitening we can offer ideas on what can help.
- Our pricing is competive even with over the counter products. Think about how much you spend on over the counter whitening products and compare yourself.