Unexpected uses for your old toothbrushes!GrandviewDental | January 5, 2009
Ahhh! You’ve just come from your professional cleaning at the dentist. Your teeth are healthy and sparkly clean and you have a nice new toothbrush. So what do you do with the old toothbrush?
Don’t throw them away. Instead throw them in the dishwasher on the top shelf. Once the toothbrushes are clean, allow them to dry and then use your toothbrushes in the various ways listed below. You’ve probably seen some of these but I bet I surprise you with a few new ones.
- Place a dab of laundry dtergent on a clothing stain and then scrub with an old toothbrush.
- In the kitchen use a toothbrush for hard to reach places where regular tile wipes and scrubs can’t get to. It is especially helpful under and around the faucet and sink for removing slime.
- Have a keyboard? Use the toothbrush to clean between the keys.
- Use a toothbrush to really scrub around the blades of your manual or electric can opener.
- Cheese graters can be difficult to clean. To save your fingers from skin abrasions grab a toothbrush and brush off all the sticky hard cheese. Your fingers will thank you for it.
- Clean dog poop off your shoe. We all step in it from time to time. Don’t be embarrassed or stuck trying to find a leaf to clean it off. Instead grab the toothbrush you left on the patio for this purpose and scrub the poop off your shoe.
- Unblock the vents on small appliances such as a hair dryer or vacuum.
- Clean vents, blinds and windowscreens with an old toothbrush.
- Clean out your lemon or garlic press.
- If you are an artist or crafter, use your old toothbrush to paint or for other art projects you may have.
- Clean out the gunk and grime from under your fingernails after gardening, working on your car, painting or having wings from Barleys.
- Basically, any hard to reach area or places that need a gentle touch can be cleaned with an old toothbrush.
Word of Advice: Make sure to label each toothbrush for its use so as not to mix the toothbrushes up. We wouldn’t want the poop-cleaning toothbrush mixed up with the garlic press-cleaning one would we? Eweeeh!