Dental Veneers: How Can They Restore Your Smile?Grandview Dental | May 22, 2017
Have you been dreaming of having movie star-like pearly whites? If so, learn about dental veneers and how they can give you the smile of your dreams.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers consist of thin tooth-shaped porcelain that’s bonded into place onto existing teeth. Designed to match the color of surrounding teeth, veneers can improve the appearance of a variety of dental issues by:
- Fixing the look of short or long teeth
- Brightening stained teeth
- Correcting gaps between teeth
- Aligning teeth that are slightly out of place
What Type of Dental Veneers Does Grandview Dental Care Use?
Grandview Dental Care uses minimal prep veneers, because they are ultra-thin—in fact, they’re about as thin as a contact lens. As a result, they don’t require aggressive removal of healthy tooth structure like traditional veneers do.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers offer a number of benefits including:
- Minimal Preparation to Teeth. Previously, traditional veneers required extensive removal of healthy teeth structure to prepare teeth for veneers. However, the ultra-thin veneers available today require minimal or no tooth grinding.
- Durable and Long-Lasting. Porcelain is an extremely durable material. As such, your dental veneers can be expected to last between 10-20 years.
- Correct Multiple Dental Issues. Veneers can change the color, shape, size, and/or alignment of your teeth.
- Stain-Resistant. Because porcelain veneers are resistant to stains, you can enjoy wine and coffee without the risk of staining that you would experience with your natural teeth.
- Rapid Results. Dental veneers offer patients a quick way to radically improve the appearance of their smile.
What Is the Process of Getting Veneers?
The process of getting veneers is a simple one that can be completed in just 2 visits after your initial consultation. During the first visit, we’ll take an impression of your mouth and then send the mold to the laboratory so your veneers can be created.
A few weeks later, you’ll come in to have your custom-made veneers bonded to your teeth. After moderately etching your teeth, we’ll bond them on one by one. Then, we’ll check your bite to make sure they’re perfectly placed.
And that’s it. Within 2 visits, you’ll have a brand-new, beautiful smile!
Who Makes a Good Candidate for Veneers?
Patients with healthy teeth and gums typically make good candidates for veneers. If you’re experiencing tooth decay, gum disease or infection, we will likely need to treat that dental issue first before approving you for dental veneers.
If you’d like to know if you’d make a good veneers candidate, we encourage you to visit us for a free consultation. During your consultation, we’ll provide computer-enhanced renderings of your new smile, treatment options, and care costs.
We look forward to seeing you!