Cosmetic Dentistry – What’s in it for me?GrandviewDental | October 29, 2009
Did you know that only 50% of adults are satisfied with the appearance of their Smile? Cosmetic Dentistry can help people improve their smile boosting self image and making people more confident in everyday situations.
In a survey conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 74% of adult Americans who responded believed an unattractive smile could hurt a person’s chances for career success.
Cosmetic dentistry is the Art and Science of designing and creating a natural looking beautiful smile that fits your personality, facial features, and appearance goals. It can be as simple or Extreme as you want it to be.
The benefits of cosmetic dentistry go beyond just having a beautiful smile. Typically when a person makes the investment to improve their smile they begin to take better care of their teeth. They want to keep that great smile they worked so hard for, healthy and beautiful.
It’s also interesting to note that when a person decides to improve their smile, other great things happen in their life too. Dr. T has had several patients that do Invisalign, or Veneers, or dental implants and 12 months later they are engaged, have stopped smoking or lost weight because they want to take better care of themselves, or have finally been motivated to get out of a unhealthy job situation and take the next step in their careers.
Maintaining an appealing smile is a major part of a person’s desire to stay fit, healthy and attractive.
What does Cosmetic Dentistry help fix?
- Yellow or discolored teeth
- Crooked or irregularly shaped teeth
- Spaces or gaps between teeth
- Boomers wanting a more youthful appearance
- A teenager left with a broken tooth after and accident
- Missing teeth
- People recovering from auto accidents or other head trauma
There are a variety of cosmetic dental procedures.
- Bleaching or Whitening – Whether you choose to do this at home or in a dentist office, bleaching is an effective method of whitening stained, discolored teeth
- Veneers are about as thick as a contact lens custom made porcelain that is shaped, fitted, and adhered to the tooth. Veneers can be used to fix gaps between teeth, and teeth that are crooked, chipped, discolored and worn teeth. Veneers are sometimes referred to as “instant orthodontics”
- Invisalignis a clear, comfortable, removable way to straighten teeth using custom made plastic “aligners” . Invisalign is the non-metal alternative to braces
- Bonding and tooth-colored fillings use a tooth colored resin that can be color matched to your adjacent teeth.
- All Porcelain Crowns are strong a beautiful and fix teeth that are broken, cracked, or damaged
- Dental Implants are a natural looking and functioning way to replace 1 or many missing teeth