My name is Kristy Stought. I joined Grandview Dental Care in 2012. I am the Office Manager by title but, assist with any area of the office that my licensure and training will allow. I love helping anywhere I am needed. I started going to school for Dentistry in 1997 and started working in an office in 2000. It was always a profession I knew I wanted to be a part of. I was fortunate to have had the ability to improve my smile and I like being a part of doing that for others. The ability to smile is a key to happiness. I love to make people happy. I have a lot of education, training, and reading behind me and still continue my education to constantly improve.
I live in Gahanna, near Easton with my funny, smart husband that I call, “Big Papa” and 2 energetic rescue dogs, Braxton and Harper. We love to experience life in all ways. We love to be active, ski/snow board, work out, swim, travel, see live performances, try yummy new foods, gardening, cooking, take on projects like home remodeling, spend time with our 2 rescue pups or simply sitting at home on a weekend and cozying up to college football (OSU!) or a movie. Pura Vida!
Fun Facts About Kristy:
- What is your favorite restaurant in Grandview? My favorite… that’s tough, so many excellent choices in Grandview. I’m a foodie and I must say, the artistic ability of 3rd & Hollywood from their food presentation, local foods used and organic appeal has my vote. I love the fresh cocktails as well. So delicious!
- What is your favorite activity in Columbus? Trying new food places with my Hubs, even when he doesn’t want to spend the money. I love walking, running or jamming on the steps at the Hoover Dam in Westerville. Being outdoors and feeling the fresh air and scenery is always refreshing at any Columbus Metro Park. I’d love to visit all of them. Doing a 5K in the heart of downtown is always fun too. Gives me a vantage point of all the new restaurants or shops I’d love to visit. I also love to peruse through the resale shops in the Short North or on 5th Avenue in Grandview. It’s always fun to find a treasure to refurbish for the home.
- How did you come to work at Grandview Dental Care? A very special person referred me to Grandview Dental Care when I wasn’t even looking. I am still thankful to her everyday. When I did some research and learned more about the team and the wonderful services they offer, I was hooked. Additionally we have an amazing team member, Prada, the office doggie, that keeps us happy every day in huddle. She protects us from the 2nd floor of the office and we enjoy her being here. Any one that loves dogs, has my heart.
- What is your favorite thing about dentistry? Being a part of rocking the confidence behind someone’s smile. It’s so sad to see someone hide their smile. It feels so good to smile. I am so thankful my parents and I invested in mine. It was life changing. I would love everyone to have that opportunity and they can! Call us, we’ll make it work.
- Where do you hope to travel one day and why? I would love to spend an extended period of time up and down the entire country of Italy with my husband. My
Mother’s side of the family is from Northern Italy and my Father’s side is from the Aeolian Islands past Sicily. There is a lot to learn, family to meet and a lot of wonderful food and wine to experience.
- What’s so great about dentistry? I love being a part of giving someone an opportunity to have confidence behind their smile like I was given.
- When you were in grade school, what did you want to be when you grew up and why? Believe or not, I wanted to be a Dentist or an Artist for as long as I can remember.
- What is the one gadget or piece of technology you can’t live without? There’s two. My Vitamix is my best friend in the kitchen. If you don’t have one and you love to cook, you will love it! Then there is my smart phone. It doesn’t leave my side. I try to take a break in the evenings but, the ability to google anything I don’t know about and learn in an instant, is something I never want to be without.
- What’s the best part of your job working at Grandview Dental Care? First and foremost, we are ALWAYS doing something FUN. They constantly plan different team events, we travel, do silly things and we’re always trying to do something fantastic for social media purposes and it’s great to get creative. I also constantly have the ability to help influence someone every day being the office manager. I am cross trained and am able to help in all areas of the office. Helping a team member or a patient teaches me a lot personally and professionally. I love to help people. It is fulfilling.
- Why did you decide on a career in dentistry? I always knew I wanted to be in Dentistry. If you saw my 5th grade photo pre-braces, you’d know why. When a Doctor
and my family dedicated time and money to enhancing my smile and I was influenced by the entire transformation, I knew I wanted to be a part of others feeling that excitement. I actually started my college path in Pre-Dentistry, it swerved several directions until a friend asked me to come work with her at a Dental office. I learned every facet of the
office, continued my education and was very fortunate to have a great team and doctors who invested time in me over the years to get me where I am today.
- What question do you hear the most from patients? If it doesn’t hurt, why do I have to fix it? Don’t wait for the engine to be knocking and blow out friends. Get those oil
changes.(aka dental cleanings) It saves teeth and money!
- What’s your favorite food? I love it all! If I must pick a favorite, it’s my Mother’s Eggplant Parmesan. She is the most excellent Chef I
know. Italian cuisine is her finest and I have loved learning from her over the years.
- What is something that makes you smile? Big Papa (my husband who you won’t hear me call by his real name) and my puppies. They mean everything to me.
Laughter in a relationship is #1 and I love that we have it!
- Tell me about your pets – I am a dog lover! We adopted 2 rescue pups that recently turned a year old. Braxton is our boy and Harper is our
girl. They are both energy filled Husky and Australian Shepherd mixes. They always give a double high five for a treat
and love to cuddle. They sleep with us every night.