My name is Amanda Black and I have been a dental assistant since 1997. I attended the Paul C. Hayes Technical program for assisting in 1999. I have been with Dr. Thompson since 2006. Recently I was accepted to Ohio State University for their Expanded Functions Duties Assisting program and completed it in August 2009 earning my EFDA license.
I live in Blacklick with my husband Tim and four beautiful children, Emily, Madilyne, Taylor and Cooper. I love my career and people I work with and enjoy being part of Grandview Dental Care.
Fun Facts About Amanda
- What is your favorite inexpensive family activity in Columbus? The Columbus Clippers Game.
- Where do you hope to travel to one day and why? Egypt. Mummies intrigue me; I want to go see some ancient tombs.
- When you were in grade school, what did you want to be when you grew up and why? I was in grade school in 1993 and I always thought I wanted to be an astronaut because my friend wanted to be one!
- What’s the best part of your job working at Grandview Dental Care? The people I work with and the patients we have are awesome!
- Why did you decide on a career in dentistry? I had a friend whose father was involved in making dentures at OSU and he would do it out of his basement at home and I thought I wanted to help people keep their teeth so they didn’t have to get dentures.