Columbus, Ohio Dental Implant Dentist
A Solution for Missing Teeth and Loose Dentures
Perhaps you’re missing a tooth, and chewing is difficult and laborious. This could also make you uncomfortable with your smile, and it’s possible that even talking and laughing are a challenge. If you’re a denture wearer, a loose denture could pose similar problems. And in some instances, it may be necessary to secure and improve the fit of your dentures. Fortunately, dental implants are a viable solution to any of these problems.
A dental implant is a small screw made of titanium, a metal our bodies easily accept. Implants offer firmer foundations by replacing not just the tooth crown, but also the root itself. The dental implant is inserted into the bone of the jaw, and over time the jawbone integrates with the implant surface, firmly anchoring it.
If you’re looking for a Columbus dentist who can place and restore dental implants, Dr. Bill Thompson can help. He has been providing this service in his Grandview Heights dental office for 15 years. And, he can perform the dental implant procedure in his dental office, saving you money and time spent traveling to a different location to see a specialist.
Missing one or more teeth? Dental implants:
• Provide an effective and permanent solution
• Closely resemble your natural teeth
• Can’t be removed, so they won’t fly out like a denture
• Look, feel and function like a real tooth
• Don’t compromise the adjacent teeth like a bridge might
• Can be easily maintained and cleaned
• Allow you to laugh, talk and eat all the foods you enjoy
• Restore your smile, self-confidence and quality of life
Looking for a way to secure and improve loose-fitting dentures? Mini dental implants:
• Make it possible to taste food again because there isn’t a big, bulky piece of plastic in your mouth
• Spare you the hassle of using denture goo because the implants firmly support your denture
• Provide a strong bite so you can chew anything
• Save you from embarrassing moments that occur when your denture flies out of your mouth
• Improve the fit and comfort of your dentures
• Are less expensive than traditional implants
Want to learn more about dental implants? Click here to schedule a complimentary Smile Consultation at our Columbus, Ohio, dental office or call 614.486.7378.